Friday, March 1, 2013

Summer Fresh Sauce - Cranberry Madeira

This was the sauce I was most excited to try. It reminds me of a combination of cranberry sauce and mushroom sauce. I think it would make an easy gravy replacement for holiday meals. I used it as a sauce on homemade semolina noodles. 


Homemade Pasta with Cranberry Madeira Sauce
2 cups semolina flour
1/2 cup hot water
1 500 mL Summer Fresh Cranberry Madeira sauce    

Combine semolina flour with hot water. Knead until smooth. Put dough through pasta machine until thin and then cut into strips. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Put the sauce in a smaller pot until warm. Combine.
 

The Small Print: This was one of several sauces I received through a Food Bloggers of Canada cross-promotion. I received five Summer Fresh Sauces as well as an Ikea 365+ wok. Recipes posted within two weeks of receiving sauces become eligible for consideration as a feature on the Food Bloggers of Canada home page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment