Friday, March 1, 2013

Summer Fresh Sauce - Butter Chicken

Casseroles were one of the first things I learnt to cook. I am pretty sure that my mother dictated the recipe to me over the phone - as I stood in my own apartment - and on my own two feet. Tuna casserole was one of my first, and most successful dishes as a young university student. I would boil noodles then combine with frozen peas, a can of mushroom soup, and a tin of tuna and call myself a gourmand. My tastes and cooking skills have since developed but a nice creamy casserole, with a kick, can still comfort me.  
 
Spicy Casserole

375 g package of elbow pasta
300 g package of frozen lima beans
one medium red onion
one chiptole pepper

Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Meanwhile dice onion and chiptole pepper and saute until onion is translucent. Once water is boiling add pasta. A few minutes before pasta is cooked add frozen lima beans. Strain. Combine pasta, lima beans, onion, chipotle with the sauce. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 
Sprinkle bread crumbs on top before baking if desired.     

The Small Print: This was one of several sauces I received through a Food Bloggers of Canada cross-promotion. I received five Summer Fresh Sauces as well as an Ikea 365+ wok. Recipes posted within two weeks of receiving sauces become eligible for consideration as a feature on the Food Bloggers of Canada home page.    

1 comment:

  1. Just had the sauce tonight for dinner....it's a very rare occurance when we eat processed sauces like this---but it was free...anyway, it was a bit spicey and WAY to sweet. Would not buy it again.

    ReplyDelete