Monday, October 8, 2012

Cooking from Vegan MoFo: Daikon and Mustard Pickles


I pine for Daikon radishes in grocery stores. This creamy white exotic vegetable evokes visions of .... Daikon radishes don't evoke any vision in me. I have no clue what to make with Daikons - and it makes me sad. That's why I was so glad to come across this recipe for Daikon and Mustard Pickles last MoFo. It may have taken me a while to make them, but actually buying that Daikon, and not just fondling it, made me happy!

I didn't have all the ingredients that the original recipe called for. I just hadn't had any call to buy dried mango powder before! Also, these pickles SMELL but are worth it!

Check out the original recipe here: Vegan on the Prowl

Come visit me at this year's Canzine - mention that you read my blog and get a free zine! 







3 comments:

  1. I've never tried Daikon, but that picture makes me want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of you fondling your lonely daikon is just too wonderful an image. I'm glad you found a recipe to finally use them! They look so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks wonderful I haven't had like this

    ReplyDelete