Wednesday, June 27, 2012

To try in T.O.

I have completed my time in Ottawa and finally, finally, finally get to move back (and back in with my husband) to Toronto! I have missed the never ending supply of new markets, new ingredients, new restaurants, and new food people to meet! This little country girl has fallen in love with the city.

With that in mind, here is a list of things I can't wait to do/eat in Toronto!

1. Barrel-aged Cocktails: Although this concept has the potential to really rock, I feel like the commercial version will be lacking (and expensive). Perhaps I'll DIY it!

2. Hot Beans is an amazing burrito place in Kensington Market. I have been there twice (on various weekend trips to the city) and it's gosh-darn-tasty! It's also uber cheap and filling. Hot Beans is a perfect stop before walking around the market! I hope to be back regularly!

3. ONoir: This has been on my list since long before I moved to Ottawa. I hear the food is only mediocre, but the experience is awesome.  

4. The Hogtown Vegan: You had me at Pulled Unpork Poutine. The website is pretty but sparse. Check out their facebook page for more details.

5. Memories: Walking to the Junction, renting movies from Big Daddy's, ordering the Tofu Caesar Salad from The Beet, and drinking a peanut butter hot chocolate from Delight.

Here's to old memories and new traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment