Friday, June 10, 2011

Drinking: Vanilla Express


This recipe is a definitely winner. A few weeks ago I had three in a row but then I ran out of ice. This drink is strong as it resulted in a drunk dial to my husband at 11am - to which his response was 'Awesome! Drunk before lunch!' (which is pretty much why I am married to him) Running out of ice was a major bummer - and I have since bought another ice cube tray for the freezer!

I've since made this for the husband and he enjoyed it as well. Don't skimp on the coffee beans on top - they add an extra aroma which is really pleasant. Also, I just used regular vodka!

This recipe comes from a book called 'Shaken 250 Classic cocktails with a twist' by Jane Lawson.

Vanilla Express
ice cubes
1 oz gold tequila
1 oz vanilla vodka
1 oz chilled espresso coffee
1/2 oz simple syrup
5 coffee beans

Add a scoop of ice to a cocktail shakier, then the tequila, vodka, coffee, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously and strain into a tumbler. Sprinkle the coffee beans over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment