Friday, June 24, 2011

Drinking: Spiced Ice Tea


I picked up the book "Spice and Ice" by Kara Newman last summer. It was an amusing purchase because the book was not on the regular shelf but was set up in a display with other drink books, pitchers, glasses, and party games. Actually, the pitcher that is on the cover of this book was directly beside the book. As if to say 'Hey you - buy this pitcher! Oh you don't know what to put in a pitcher? Why here's an idea! Actually here is a book full of ideas!" It was set up for the very unimaginative!

Anyways, this drink was way to spicy for me to consume and because the resident spice lover in my family was away sadly the drink was dumped. SCANDAL!

I did want to mention a unique technique used in this drink. The vodka is directly infused with tea by immersing a tea bag in hot water for 10 seconds, then removing the tea bag and placing it in the vodka. Allow this to steep for 5 minutes.

I've yet to use this techinque in other drinks. If you do, will you let me know?

2 comments:

  1. Well that is another new technique to pike your tea I guess. Sounds good though. Spiced tea with vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made my own tea-infused vodka but I do love sweet tea vodka so I would probably like this drink too ;)

    ReplyDelete