Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dough: Homemade Saltine Crackers


After the first time I made cookies I vowed to never purchase cookies again. I made this vow because cookies are fast and simple to make and have the added benefit of tasting better than the purchased version.

Crackers are very satisfying to make and they do taste a lot better than the purchased version. However, they are very time consuming. It is because of the time required that crackers will remain on my shopping list.

*recipe from The Wooden Spoon Bread Book by Marilyn M. Moore.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you that crackers aren't worth the trouble cookies are, but every so often it's nice to have them when we splurge on fancy cheeses or want something special in the tomato soup.

    These look like they turned out very well. Would you mind posting the recipe, since I have no inclination to buy the cookbook? ;)

    ReplyDelete